The international scientific conference organised in the era of science diplomacy and frontier research aims to provide a forum for exchanging state-of-the-art knowledge and findings of doctoral students and post-doctoral scholars.
Silvester van Koten
Associate professor and Chair of the Department of Institutional Economics at the University of Economics in Prague, Visiting professor at the New Economic School in Moscow
He is an economist specializing in Energy Economics and Economics Experiments with a special interest in the economics of electricity markets, renewables and regulation. He received Ph.D. at CERGE-EI in 2009. He is also hold a MA in Psychology from Utrecht University. Presently, is an Associate Professor (docent) at the Department of Institutional Economics at the University of Economics in Prague and a visiting Professor at CERGE-EI and the New Economic School in Moscow.
His present research appraises the effect of the structure of spot market prices on the forward premium in electricity markets and the effectiveness of self-regulating organizations using both theory and economics experiments. In previous research, he analyzed the effects of more transparent financial markets on competition and prices in the EU electricity markets, also using economics experiments.
His previous research has been published in journals such as Energy Economics, Energy Policy, European Economic Review, and the European Journal of Law & Economics. He also presented his research at numerous international conferences (such as EEA-ESEM, EARIE, ESA, EEM, and Economics of Energy Markets).
- Van Koten, S. and Ortmann, A., In Print. Self-regulating organizations under the shadow of governmental oversight: An experimental investigation. Research in Experimental Economics.
- Van Koten, S. and Ortmann, A., 2013. Structural versus Behavioral Remedies in the Deregulation of Electricity Markets: An Experimental Investigation Guided by Theory and Policy Concerns. European Economic Review 64, 256-265.
- Van Koten, S., Ortmann, A. & Babický, V., 2013. "Fairness in Risky Environments: Theory and Evidence". GAMES.
- Van Koten, S., 2013. Legally separated joint ownership of buyer and seller in electricity markets. European Journal of Law and Economics.
- Van Koten, S., 2012. Merchant Interconnector Projects by Generators in the EU: Effects on Profitability and Allocation of Capacity. Energy Policy.
- Van Koten, S. & Ortmann, A., 2008. The Unbundling Regime for Electricity Utilities in the EU: A Case of Legislative and Regulatory Capture?, Energy Economics.
- Raaijmakers, M., Van Koten, S. & Molenaar, P.C.M., 1996. On the validity of simulating stagewise development by means of PDP networks: application of catastrophe analysis and an experimental test of rule-like network performance. Cognitive Science.
- Van Koten, S., Ortmann, A. 2013. Self-Regulating Organizations Under the Shadow of Governmental Oversight: An Experimental Investigation. UNSW Australian School of Business Research Paper No. 2013-13.
- Van Koten, S. Do Emission Trading Schemes Facilitate Efficient Abatement Investments? An Experimental Study. CERGE-EI Working paper 503.
Things of interests: